Sustainable Meeting Practices
As the world’s first ISO 20121 accredited hotel, the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel is certified for Sustainability Event Management System for planning and delivery of sustainable meetings.
ISO 20121 certification testifies the hotel’s commitment to doing more by consuming less and thereby care for the planet. It also complements Starwood’s global focus on reducing energy being used by 30% and water consumption by 20% by 2020.
The hotel’s Sustainable Meeting Practice efforts in 2013 have been yielding encouraging results. As of July, consumption of electricity had been cut by 9.4%, water by 5.03%, and paper by 4.9% year-on-year. Carbon footprint profiling revealed a 47.05% lower in printer ink and a 25.0% lower in plastic bottle consumption. Moreover, our customers are showing increasing empathy with the cause with seven Sustainable Meeting Packages being booked for meetings, conferences and other events year-to-date.
A Sustainability Event Management System Plan specific to the hotel’s MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, Exhibitions) business invites customers to contribute to environment, economic and social sustainability while still enjoying successful events and delightful experiences.
Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel can help you stage more successful occasions with enhanced outcomes. We offer you one of the best ways to show that you are on the right wavelength with respect to the welfare of the world and everyone and everything in it. Where possible, all props are reusable or sourced with the minimum energy consumption or carbon contribution. Nevertheless, no convenience or utility is sacrificed. On the contrary, your meeting experience will be all the more excellent thanks to the superior sensations imparted by permanence and conservation as opposed to conspicuous consumption.
Features of the hotel’s “Sustainable Meeting Practices” include:
- Replaces disposable items with reusable ones.
- Equips all meeting rooms with recycling bins.
- Use of white boards to reduce paper flip charts usage.
- Use of projector to reduce paper waste.
- Use of Linen Napkins to reduce Paper Napkins.
- Water cooler jar substitutes bottled water in achieving wastage-free environment and less transports.
- Ceramic creamers and sugar bowl.
- Central stationary station substitutes the individual table stationary set up to reduce waste: Notepads, pencils and mints.
- Function area lights and air conditioning will be used as sparingly as possible.
- Set air conditioning temperatures to eco-friendly at 25°C.
- Paperless sales tools.
- Participant Name Badges and Labels Name Badges: all participants use their business card in a reusable plastic sleeve. ◦Name Labels: use acrylic stand.
- Floral centrepieces replaced by pot plants.
- Use of projector instead of styrofoam backdrop.
- Linenless table and chair set up.
- Donates excess food from your event to charity as part of your company's CSR activity.
- Eco friendly coffee break and lunch menu.
To view Sustainability Events Policy, please click here
To view ISO 20121 Certificate, please click here
To view, ISO 20121 Certification Press Release, please click here